General Job Description:
Assist customers and contractors with selecting flooring, tile, and area rugs that are conducive to their home or office environment, while being fiscally responsible with budgets and margin.Job Duties:
- Explains the different flooring types and technical aspects of flooring and selects products to ensure performance, design, and budget expectations. 25%
- Examines areas that will receive new flooring, tile, or rugs and determines scope of work, installation plans, and materials. 20%
- Creates estimates using accurate measurements, design considerations, and technical installation requirements. 25%
- Manages job installation including, but not limited to ensuring materials are ordered and ready, verifying installer is prepped and available and visits the job site to ensure accurate installation method and design requests. 20%
- Submits customer invoicing promptly upon job completion. 10%
- Displays a solid math foundation: arithmetic, geometry, measuring, fractions, and distance.
- Displays a general understanding of business: profit, loss, margin, operating costs, overhead.
- Displays ability to match technical aspects of a product to customer’s wants and needs.
- Clearly and effectively communicates - includes: legible handwriting, typing, speaking, and listening.
- Demonstrates knowledge of construction and housing properties for flooring, subfloors, concrete, and joists including reactions to humidity and temperature.
- Competencies: knowledge of flooring products, installation methods, and customer service
- Teamwork, initiative, flexibility, and trustworthy
- Reports to Owner
- Must be able to coordinate and work with customers, sales reps, installation crews, warehouse associates, office administrator, construction managers, and interior designers.
Floored is a locally owned floor covering retail store that specializes in the residential and office remodel. As an independent flooring retailer, we hand-select each product in our store based on quality, uniqueness, company background, and environmental and ethical responsibility. We are consistent leaders in the market for new products and styles averaging 3 years ahead of other retailers in the SWVA region. We’ve been growing an average of more than 20% year over year and we’re looking to expand and bring in talented individuals to grow their careers. We take our commitment to our employees, customers, and community very seriously which we believe leads to quality materials, installation, and customer service.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time position. Salary is based on knowledge and experience and starting from $35,000. Monthly performance bonuses are part of compensation and routinely increase yearly pay by over 25%. Flex-schedules are offered as needed. We offer paid vacation and week off from Christmas to New Years.