General Job Description:
Receive, organize, load, and deliver materials and supplies, while always attentive to safe a responsible handling of materials and equipment.Job Duties:
- Receive orders from suppliers, including carrier deliveries, parcel shipments, and local pick-ups. Inspect orders for proper type, quantity, and condition. 25%
- Organize and stage materials for customer pickup or delivery. 25%
- Prepare finished materials for upcoming jobs – including staining/painting trim, sealing tile, binding carpet, etc... 20%
- Deliver materials to customers or jobsites. 15%
- Communicate with administrative staff to assist with efficient purchasing and receiving of goods. 15%
- Displays literacy: must be able to read packing slips, work orders, and item lists, and prepare labels and inventory tags
- Certified and experienced in the safe operation of material handling equipment, including forklift, trucks/vans, pallet dolly, hand truck, etc…
- Displays ability to identify materials and supplies by appearance, labeling, or description.
- Minimize company losses due to lost/damaged materials, supplies, and tools.
- Clearly and effectively communicates - includes: legible handwriting, typing, speaking, and listening.
- Able-bodied: must be able to lift up to 85 pounds repeatedly.
- Vehicle Operation: must have a valid Virginia driver’s license
- Competencies: Safe handling of materials and equipment, organized.
- Teamwork, initiative, flexibility, and trustworthy
- Reports to Owner
- Must be able to coordinate and work with sales associates, installation crews, office administrator, delivery drivers, construction managers, and customers.
Floored is a locally owned floor covering retail store that specializes in the residential and office remodel. As an independent flooring retailer, we hand-select each product in our store based on quality, uniqueness, company background, and environmental and ethical responsibility. We are consistent leaders in the market for new products and styles averaging 3 years ahead of other retailers in the SWVA region. We’ve been growing an average of more than 20% year over year and we’re looking to expand and bring in talented individuals to grow their careers. We take our commitment to our employees, customers, and community very seriously which we believe leads to quality materials, installation, and customer service.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time position. Salary is based on knowledge and experience and starting from $30,000. Monthly performance bonuses are part of compensation and routinely increase yearly pay by over 25%. Flex-schedules are offered as needed. We offer paid vacation and week off from Christmas to New Years.